More correctly it’s our Parish Hall. Suitable for 150 people standing/100 seated. Licensed for music and entertainment. Entrance accessible for people in wheelchairs. Toilets, including those with wheelchair access. Kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge, crockery and cutlery. Approximately 14 tables and 100 chairs available. Cloakroom and shower. No restrictions on hall’s use.
Booking requests to be confirmed with the Booking Secretary:
Mrs. Liz Gillingham (Booking Secretary)
Or between 6 – 9pm, telephone: 01404 43551
Or write to:
Threshays, Awliscombe, Honiton, EX14 3QB
The hall has been around for a very long time with the main hall, or as it was originally called The Reading Room, built in 1903 following a generous donation of land from local families. Much later a plot opposite was donated to create the current car park. Over the years the front portion of the hall, kitchen, bar, committee room, toilets and latterly the football changing room have been added.
The hall is a registered charity and is run by a committee of local volunteers with all the normal operational members, chairman, vice chairman, treasurer, booking clerk and secretary, together with representatives from the parish council, St Michael’s Church and all the larger parish associations and clubs such as the WI and Garden Club. The committee meets 4 times a year with an AGM in March.